This is Your 4.5-Hour Guide to Modernizing Existing Android Applications Built in Java Using Kotlin Language
Programming Android apps can be a complex process and a lack of knowledge in architecting your app can result in spaghetti code and dead ends. In order to deliver an extendable, maintainable, and testable code base, you have to think about the architecture of your application from the very first stage of your development. In this course, you’ll take an existing Android application build in Java and modernize it using the Kotlin language, seeing the importance of planning the architecture using SOLID principles and common Android Architecture using the MVP, MVC, and MVVM patterns.
- Access 7 lectures & 4.5 hours of content 24/7
- Take an existing Android application build in Java & modernize it using the Kotlin language
- Implement Life Cycle Aware Components
- Use the view model LiveData framework
- Perform data management and persistence with the Room persistence solution
- Enhance the UI of your application to a whole new level
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: desktop & mobile
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Updates included
- Experience level required: all levels
- Have questions on how digital purchases work? Learn more here
- Any device with basic specifications
InstructorPackt Publishing | Tech Knowledge in Motion
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals. Working towards that vision, Packt has published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
Yusuf Saber is an Android developer with over 5 years' professional experience. Yusuf earned his Master's degree in Computer Engineering from Ryerson University in 2011 and started his career as a .NET developer before quickly turning to Android. He has worked on a large range of Android apps, from social to multimedia to B2B—and more!
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 30 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.